Welcome to Create My Itinerary
To Access Your Itineraries, login & click on EDIT MY ITINERARY.
- On the Karen Brown website you are able to create and build a personalized itinerary by selecting Places to Stay, Cities, Attractions and Restaurants (POIs – Points of Interest). You can even incorporate your own destinations or waypoints.
- These POIs then become sequenced destinations for your itinerary and the route will appear on the map as well as in a list that you can access through “Edit My Itinerary.”
- Before you begin it is necessary to set up an account (LOG IN) so that our website has a place to save your trip (s) for your personal access. Your MY Itinerary will be automatically saved as you build it.
- You are able to create a trip of up to thirty-five segments with each visit. To plan a trip of more than thirty-five segments it is necessary to create multiple trip files.
- It will be necessary to LOG IN each time you want to create, access or manage your MY ITINERARIES.
How to Create My Itinerary:
- Select a DESTINATION.
- It is now necessary to get to a point in our website where you can begin to select POIs for your itinerary. So from your DESTINATION navigate to a REGION, PLACE TO STAY, CITY, ATTRACTION or RESTAURANT page.
- Once on a REGION, PLACE TO STAY, CITY, ATTRACTION or RESTAURANT page, click on “Create a New Itinerary” located underneath the map in the “Itineraries” tab.
- Select your first Place to Stay, City, Attraction or Restaurant and then click on “Add to My Itinerary.” Continue to add Places to Stay, Cities, Attractions, Restaurants or personal waypoints to your itinerary in this manner.
- As you add POIs they will save to your created itinerary and your route will appear on the map.
- To view and manage My Itineraries click on EDIT MY ITINERARY.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where can I personalize or change my itinerary name?
Go to EDIT MY ITINERARY. On the left hand side, click on the existing itinerary name. Enter your new itinerary name and click “OK”.
2. Can I change my itinerary route color?
Go to EDIT MY ITINERARY. On the left hand side, click on the colored rectangle on the left of the itinerary name. Select your new itinerary color and click “OK”.
3. How do I delete my itinerary?
Go to EDIT MY ITINERARY. On the left hand side, click on delete on the right of the itinerary name. Click “yes” to confirm and delete. This action cannot be undone.
4. What kind of waypoints can I add?
There are two types of waypoints that you can add, POI waypoints or custom waypoints. POI waypoints use Karen Brown POI information, which can be added to your itinerary as waypoints. Custom waypoints are waypoints that you can add anywhere on the map.
5. How do I add a POI waypoint to my itinerary?
Click on any POI on the map and its information will appear in a popup. At the bottom of the popup, click “Add to my itinerary” to add to your itinerary.
You can also click on “View Details” which takes you to the POI website page. From there you will also be able to click on the blue and white banner, “Add to My Itinerary.”
You are able to add waypoints from the general website or from EDIT MY ITINERARY.
6. How do I add a custom waypoint to my itinerary?
Click on the plus button located in the upper left corner of the map below the zoom controls. Then a waypoint marker will appear below your mouse cursor. Next, move it to your desired located and click to drop the marker.
7. How do I reposition my custom waypoint on the map?
Double click your custom waypoint. The marker waypoint will turn slightly transparent. Next, drag the waypoint to your new desired located.
8. Can I reorder my waypoints?
Yes, waypoints can be reordered through EDIT MY ITINERARY. On the left hand side, drag the waypoint to the desired sequence in the list to reorder. Your route on the map will also then reflect the change.
9. Am I limited to how many waypoints I can add?
Yes, the maximum number of waypoints that you can add is 35. We suggest you begin a new, Part Two Itinerary that continues your journey from the last waypoint in Part One.
10. How do I delete my waypoints?
Click on your waypoint on the map to open the popup. Then click on “Remove from this itinerary” located at the bottom of the popup.
From EDIT MY ITINERARY you can also remove waypoints by clicking on the REMOVE next to the Waypoint in the sequence listing.
11. How do I assign my own name to a custom waypoint?
Click on any of your waypoints to open the popup. Then click on “Edit My Waypoint”. Next, make the necessary changes and click “Save”. Only custom waypoints can be named.
12. Can I add comments or notes to my waypoints?
Yes, you can add comments to your custom or Karen Brown POI waypoints. Click on any of your waypoints on the map to open the popup. Then click on “Edit My Waypoint”. Next, add a comment and click “Save”.
From EDIT MY ITINERARY you can also add edits to waypoints by clicking on EDIT next to the Waypoint in the sequence listing.
13. From the EDIT MY ITINERARY page how do I return to the general website?
Click on any waypoint in your list from the EDIT MY ITINERARY page or any POI Icon on the map and then click on VIEW DETAILS in the resulting popup box. This will take you back to a POI page on the general website. A suggestion would be to select the last waypoint so you will be in logical proximity to your next POI selection.
14. Can I create multiple itineraries?
Yes, you can create multiple itineraries. Click “Create a New Itinerary” to start a new itinerary.
15. I have multiple itineraries, how do I select which one to work on?
Below the map, a list will show all your itineraries. Find the itinerary that you want to work on and click its “Set Active” button.
16. Are there ways to share my itinerary?
Current there is no way to share your itinerary. Stay tuned as we are working on sharing options.
17. Can I print my itinerary with or without directions?
Yes, simply print through your browser.
18. Can I save my itinerary to my own computer or hand held device?
Your itineraries are saved in the cloud and can be access anywhere through the website.
19. Why do I need to login before I can begin to build an itinerary?
You will need to login in order for you to save your itinerary and for us to recognize which itineraries belong to you.
20. How can I show my itinerary route on the map?
Click on the box to the right of the colored rectangular box to turn the route “on” on the map. You can actually turn on more than one itinerary at a time – whether or not you see all routes will depend on their proximity to one another. You can also overlay Karen Brown Itineraries as a guideline as you build your own itinerary.
21. How come the route is not loading for my itinerary?
There can be a few reasons why your route is not loading on the map.
If your waypoints are placed in locations that have no road access, then it will not be routed.
If your itinerary has many waypoints, it may take some time to calculate the route.
Make sure your map frames the area of your itinerary. If the map is focused on France for example, and your itinerary is routed through Germany it will only show when the map frames an area in proximity to your route.
22. Why do icons for POIs appear and disappear from the website maps?
POIs will only load at a certain map zoom. An alert will pop up when you need to change zoom. Since POIs also impact the speed of loading the maps, you have the option to click the icons for the POIs on or off.
If you are in the correct zoom and they are not loading, check to make sure you have the box for SHOW POINTS OF INTEREST checked on.